About PACS Ltd Clean-up operation:
The release assessment prepared by PACS Ltd from the initial visit will provide the answers to several important questions:
- Has the oil migrated down into the soil? And if so how deep?
- What type of soil is present?
- Is the soil porous like sand or impermeable like clay? Water and oil flow more easily through sand than clay
- Are there drinking water wells in the immediate area?
PACS Ltd primary objective of cleaning up is to contain or remove the affected areas.
A number of techniques used by PACS Ltd to accomplish this are as follows:
- Excavating contaminated soil
- Recovering pooled oil from an internal spill or off ground water in an open excavation
- Using bioremediation additives to speed up natural microbe consumption of oil
- Employing chemical oxidation or other innovative technologies
Any pooled oil needs to be collected and absorbed as soon as possible. Clay based absorbents, oil absorbents pads and oil absorbent booms are the most common absorption tools used by PACS Ltd.
PACS Ltd will isolate the release area as much as is possible to minimize vapours which can permeate your home or place of business, and will advise you how to ventilate properly without drawing vapours into occupied areas.
PACS Ltd learned, that survey data indicates that spills that had time to spread to groundwater were significantly more expensive to clean up.
Our core team competencies at PACS Ltd include:
- Chemical Safety Awareness
- Hazardous Chemical Spillage
- Spillage Response Training
- Traffic & Road Management
- Relevant supervisory management
- Construction equipment
- Chemical (atex) Mapping
- Location Underground Services
- Confined Space Training
- Environmental, (Protection, Recovery, Reinstatement)
- Waste Transfer